Oct 6, 2007

Elder Wirthlin

Did you all see Elder Wirthlin? What a sweet man! His body was shaking so badly (I'm assuming from old age and exhaust from standing so long) that Elder Nelson came and helped him just to keep standing! I learned more from his talk solely from his determination to finish. What a great example of a man dedicated to the Lord!

3 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Yes, it was so sad. It made me cry and I was so worried about him. I need to go and read his talk b/c I didn't hear much of what he said BUT like you said his determination was inspiring as was the love of his fellow apostle who stood with him so he could finish.

My dad wasn't sure but he thought that Elder Wirthlin may have parkinsons disease.

Chris and Amanda said...

I think that was one of the most touching things I have ever seen in conference. Especially since he was talking about acts of live and kindness. Very powerful.

Shaneen said...

Didn't he keep asking a rhetorical question throughout his talk? Like, "Who do you serve?" or "Who do you love?" or something like that?