Oct 12, 2007

Photography

I would love to be able to take better photos. I've had a decent SLR camera for years, but I'm wanting to purchase a Digital SLR. I'm looking to spend under $1,000 probably in the $700-$800 range. Shane wants me to wait until Christmas. Until then, I'm going to do my homework. I will continue to research online and ask the experts, but a part of my research will be in asking who likes their camera and who doesn't and of course...why? I enjoy taking landscape and portrait-style photos and would love to be able to take macro photos (extremely up close and defined photos). I know a lot of that depends on the lens, but you have to have a camera that can handle it. If anyone has an opinion, please let me know!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

We have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. It's a couple years old, so I'm not sure of the prices now, but probably in your range. I love the quality we get with it and it's pretty easy to use. I'm not sure about ALL it's capabilities, but with the right lens I think you'd be able to get good macro photos. Hope this helps!

Megan said...

Love your blog- you do a great job! Matt has been researching cameras a lot lately- he wants one too- you should ask him about it! He might be of some assistance :)