So here is our formal Christmas Tree in our living room with the new Front Gate ornaments. Sorry about the poor quality photo...that's my camera phone for ya! My sisters and I worked on making the tree boxes a few weeks ago (thanks Lex for teaching us!) Then I painted and antiqued it. That was a fun project. I still need to add some fabric in the box so you can't see the unfinished wood inside.My casual tree, however, needs more help. The black stars can't even bee seen compared to the cream ones so I think I'll line them with cream or tan paint. And I think I need to add ribbon or something. Maybe I'll post a picture and my viewers can help with suggestions.
One of our family traditions is after the Christmas tree is decorated, we sleep by it (lit) that night. So last night we laid out the blankets and pillows and nestled together by the tree.
I love Christmas...I wish we could keep decorations like this up all year! My house feels so different.
Happy decorating!!









3 comments:
Very nice! I love the box idea. Do share the instructions please! It would beat setting the tree on books and covering it with the tree skirt!!!
Well, I must say, it was easy, but it did take time (mainly because I've never made a box before this.) Basically you measure your tree base and have your wood cut large enough to give your base the room it needs and the box the height you want. Mine is about 2 1/2 ft tall. Then simply glue and screw the sides to the bottom piece and to each other. Everything from there is extra trimming...the molding, etc....that's what makes it look nice. Then you add a floating shelf which is basically a piece of wood on L-brackets inside the box. This allows you to determine how much clearance you give the tree because the lower branches prevent the tree from reaching the bottom of the box. Fill any nail or screw holes and caulk any gaps. Then paint, antique, and gloss it how you want! I know...confusing!
I LOVE it! So beautiful! Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to try it for next year. :)
Post a Comment