It's official!! I have registered for the San Diego Camp Pendleton Mud Run!! Don't know what that is? I didn't either until my brother and some of his family ran it last year! So here are some pictures to give you an idea.

My brother is the one giving the thumbs up! He's 48 and in great shape! The other pictures include his wife and children. Notice how my nieces' shirt was yellow before the Mud Run and during (bottom left) was turned to brown. Lovely! They will be doing it again next year along with a few family members from here in Denver. Those include: my hubby, Shane...his brother, Jason (Kendra's hubby)...and my other brother-in law, Eric (Tosha's hubby). I am nervous but extremely excited!!
So here's the gist of it:
This is the World Famous Mud Run! The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit. Along the course there will be 6 water points with personnel staged at each. This is the most fun you can have running a 10K!
Our training:
Basically, Shane and I will be training with the "Couch to 5k" plan. You can find it by going to this link: www.coolrunning.com Yes, I know...we'll be running a 10k, so I figure we'll continue our training until we reach a 10k level.
Why am I telling you?
Well, I am trying to hold myself accountable to as many people as possible. I also want to be held accountable to another goal Shane and I have set. We have committed to lose 25 lbs. by June 1st. I am excited to get my body back! I gain about 25 lbs. with each pregnancy and I've lost all but 10 lbs. with each. I'm not sure if my body will give up all 30 lbs., so we set the goal at 25 lbs. We'll see how things go!

My brother is the one giving the thumbs up! He's 48 and in great shape! The other pictures include his wife and children. Notice how my nieces' shirt was yellow before the Mud Run and during (bottom left) was turned to brown. Lovely! They will be doing it again next year along with a few family members from here in Denver. Those include: my hubby, Shane...his brother, Jason (Kendra's hubby)...and my other brother-in law, Eric (Tosha's hubby). I am nervous but extremely excited!!
So here's the gist of it:
This is the World Famous Mud Run! The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit. Along the course there will be 6 water points with personnel staged at each. This is the most fun you can have running a 10K!
Our training:
Basically, Shane and I will be training with the "Couch to 5k" plan. You can find it by going to this link: www.coolrunning.com Yes, I know...we'll be running a 10k, so I figure we'll continue our training until we reach a 10k level.
Why am I telling you?
Well, I am trying to hold myself accountable to as many people as possible. I also want to be held accountable to another goal Shane and I have set. We have committed to lose 25 lbs. by June 1st. I am excited to get my body back! I gain about 25 lbs. with each pregnancy and I've lost all but 10 lbs. with each. I'm not sure if my body will give up all 30 lbs., so we set the goal at 25 lbs. We'll see how things go!









5 comments:
Wow, that looks fun (for a 10K run anyway). What a great goal. I need to bite the bullet and sign up for something so I'll be more motivated. Good luck with your training and keep us posted on how it goes!
Good for you! It looks challenging.
I started with the couch to 5k program last year and then wound up doing a triathlon. I think its a great and easy way to get addicted to running.
Once you finish it their website has more training programs for longer runs, but its a great and quick way to start.
That looks like fun! So much variety it might not even feel like a 10K! Good Luck! I am there with you on the 25lbs. Keep motivating me!!!!
Good luck with that! Sounds like a ton of fun...maybe we should join you-it'll give us a reason to get home again :) I'll hold you accountable if you hold me accountable too-I've got the goal also!
loralee
Absolutely! Keep me updated on your progress and training, too!! And thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement...I need them!
Post a Comment