These past few days I've been a little disappointed that I haven't lost any weight. Well, I know I've lost inches I just don't know how many because Shane and I didn't measure before we began working out. So I decide to do the "jeans test". So I go into my closet and start trying on old jeans...I know, I should have gotten rid of them, but I didn't! I tried on the next size down and they fit (I knew they would...my jeans right now are so baggy they make me look frumpy). Anyway, just for kicks and giggles I tried on the next size down. They are Lucky jeans that I haven't worn in about 3-4 years. Meanwhile, I am telling myself that they won't fit and I am setting myself up for disappointment. Lo and behold, they fit! And not the "fit" where I am sucking in and hopping up and down just to get them on! So needless to say, I was excited. It was definitely the "pick me up" that I so desperately needed this week!So for all of you out there who are losing hope in your workouts...keep it up!









5 comments:
Congrats! I'm sure you look great!
Good for you! Remember that w/the workouts you're building muscle which weighs more than fat, so you might be getting rid of fat, but replacing it with muscle so you don't necessarily see it on the scale!
Yipee!!! I'm happy for you and it gives me a little motivation.
I'm sure you're feeling stronger and faster the more you run, however the side perks like smaller jeans are wonderful! :) Good job!
Thanks Shaneen. I needed that, although I don't dare yet to try on my next size in fear that they STILL won't fit, but congrats!!!!!!! There is nothing better that fitting into jeans that have 3-4 years of dust on them ready for you to clear off.
Post a Comment