Mar 24, 2008

Texas Bound

So I decided to surprise my entire family and show up in Texas for the homecoming of my parents! It was so fun to be with everyone although there were several bumps along the way that could have ruined the whole thing for me. I arrived Thursday night and my luggage was not properly tagged to connect it to my flight so I didn't get it until Sunday morning at 1am !! So I had none of my clothes or toiletries until Sunday. So I wore the same outfit for two days (thinking I'd get it by then), then I decided to treat myself to a new outfit and bought one for $20 (I love shopping at Ross!!) Then I finally got all my stuff in time for church on Sunday and my return home. I borrowed some toiletries from my brother, Meredith, and sister-in law, Corinne (who I stayed with) and I was set! I learned many things on this trip, but losing my luggage taught me that I really don't need a whole lot of stuff when I travel. Plus, it was fun to buy a cute inexpensive outfit. I actually know some ladies who do that on purpose...they travel without any clothes knowing they will buy it on their trip! How fun is that!! Well, I accidentally left my camera there, so once my sister Tosha brings it home to Colorado in a couple of days, then I'll post some pictures. I'll also share some stories and experiences I had on the trip as well as from my parent's mission. So fun...I'm glad I went and that my hubby was so willing to make it happen for me! Love ya babe!

2 comments:

Ku'ulei said...

WOW! What a trip, huh?! We'll meet up next time you're in town. Sorry about your luggage. :( I hope you had fun with your family. :)

Mindy said...

Great idea. I love surprises from family members like that and I'm sure it was so nice to see your parents! Stinks about your luggage, though.