May 26, 2008

Bolder Boulder!!


Shane and I just ran the famous Bolder Boulder in Boulder, Colorado today!! It's a 10k (6.2 mi), that is run by 53,000 people!! It was unbelievable! There were bands, dancers, cheerleaders, etc. all along the way. There were people cheering us on. There were people in funny costumes. It was so fun! And at the same time it was extremely challenging for me! Just before completing the 1st mile, I had a bit of a panic attack. I noticed that I couldn't breath very well, then I started to freak out because of it and it made my airways constrict even more! It was a bit scary for me. I need to get checked out for asthma. So we walked for just a few yards to get my breathing under control. After that, my running and breathing became much easier and we ran the rest of the way. And it was so neat to actually run with Shane, he was my motivater during the whole thing. He kept me going when I wanted to stop. He slowed his pace down so that we could run together...loved that!! A year ago, I would of thought you were crazy if you told me we'd be running the Bolder Boulder...and here we are! (I still think we're crazy!!)

These are pictures just after the race in our truck and outside.


7 comments:

Karen Kunzler said...

Congrats!!!! You guys are awesome. I know what you mean about a year ago thinking this would be a crazy idea and here you are RUNNING A 10K!!!!! That is so neat to run it together as SWEETIES!!! What a special experience!!! Good luck with the San Diego Mud Run. It looks like you only have 11 days to go!!!

Ku'ulei said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! What a great experience for you two to have TOGETHER. I'm so proud of you! Good running - a 10k. Keep it up.
P.S. Aren't you supposed to look gross and sweaty and worn after you run??! :)

Shaneen said...

Not bad, huh? No touch-ups or anything! I was shocked, too, to look half decent! I'm surprised my make-up even stayed on! Keep in mind this is after a 30 minute bus ride! And you can't tell, but my clothes and hair are soaked with sweat and rain! Remind me why did we did this? ; )

Lisa Johnson said...

That is completely unfair that you look so amazing after running a marathon! This is Lisa Johnson from Fairview, TX by the way. Congrats on running a marathon. I think my Dad ran in that race back in the 80's when we lived in Aurora, CO. I am glad your parents are back in our ward!

Shaneen said...

I could only hope it was a marathon!! Or maybe I am grateful it wasn't! I only ran 6.2 miles (a 10k). Who knows if I'll ever do a marathon. I've actually thought about a triathlon, but thinking about it is enough..."that's about as far as she can go!" (Name the musical!!)

Anonymous said...

Good job Shaneen! That is great! Good luck in the "mud run". My sister Julie lives in San Diego. She is a mother (of two) and a photographer. She's never mentioned a "mud run" though. If we ever visit her at the time of it, maybe we'll have to join in the fun!

The Clarke Clan said...

Congrats Neen!! You look great in this photo. Are you going to do another race?? Love Ta