Jun 5, 2008

Our 9th Anniversary!!

I can't tell you how much I love this man of mine! When we first met, I was 7 yrs. old and he was 10 yrs. old. Honestly, I have looked up to him ever since. He was the man I thought I could never have! I am so glad his family was friends with mine and that we kept in touch as we did over the years. Eventually the marriage of my sister, Kendra, to his brother, Jason, would seal the relationship of our families forever! Sure enough, when we found out when Shane was coming off his mission, I had just graduated from High School. My dad really felt that I needed to check out my new college campus in Utah and look for a car at the same time. He even said, "And you could even see Shane come home from his mission." I knew his devious little plan and I loved it! I was so excited!! Luckily, my cousin was coming home from his mission a week earlier and he was best friends with Shane! So I hung out with him and the other "buds" until Shane came home. We met him at the airport where he was shocked to see me! The next day he called me to take him shopping for new shoes...his were a bit worn out from the mission. We dated for 11 mos. and were married June 5, 1999 in the Dallas, TX Temple. Nine years and three kids later, I am even more grateful to have married Shane.

You know growing up I always wondered who I would end up marrying. I would have never guessed I would marry the one man that I thought was out of reach. For me, I feel like the luckiest woman to have married Shane Karren. I love this man of mine! Always have...always will!


Married and sealed in the Dallas, Texas Temple June 5, 1999.


Our honeymoon in the Cayman Islands!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Shaneen and Shane! Thad and I share a fondness for the Dallas temple and the month of June! Our anniversary is June eigth, so four more days (well, from where we are, since it is still the fourth here), but it is our six year anniversary. At the same time you guys were getting married I was waiting for Thad while he served his mission. I noticed you posted your entry at exactly 12:01 a.m. That is so sweet! :) Well, have a wonderful anniversary! And what a beautiful wedding photo!

Karen Kunzler said...

I love the pictures!!!! Shane looks like a baby there. I agree with you marrying the man that you thought was out of your reach. You guys are awesome and I hope you have a great time in California. It was great talking with you the other night. Good luck with the race :)!!!!!

Camber said...

Congrats you two. I'm sure 9 years has flown by. We'll be coming up on 4 years here ourselves. It's amazing how quickly time passes. We love you two and can't wait to see you next month....AHH it's NEXT MONTH!! SO EXCITED!!

Camber said...

Congrats you two. I'm sure 9 years has flown by. We'll be coming up on 4 years here ourselves. It's amazing how quickly time passes. We love you two and can't wait to see you next month....AHH it's NEXT MONTH!! SO EXCITED!!

Dave and Sherri said...

Congratulations you guys! That is so awesome! Look at all the amazing things you guys have done together too. Great job! Thanks for keeping your relationship such an inspiration!

Rhonda said...

Congrats!!!!
How was the mud run????