Aug 7, 2008

Busy Bees (long message!!)

Okay, so I have been so busy this summer that I haven't even had time to sit down and update our blog. Now that things are slowing down a bit, I can get back to a regular schedule. Some of you have asked what I've been working on lately.

Well, for one, my Juice Plus+ business is going extremely well. I never realized how many people really are trying to get healthier and want to be educated on health and nutrition. I, of course, am happy to help offer my knowledge on the subject. I have never had such an easy job! I hardly do anything and I am getting paid for it! I currently have over 40 customers (young and old) who have found Juice Plus+ as a way to get more fruits and veggies in their diets. In return, they are getting healthier by the minute. My kids alone have been healthier for the past 6 months than ever before! Thank heavens for that!

Then I was in charge of putting on a Tri-Stake Musical Concert...ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Not only that, but I had two weeks to do it! I'm not even on the committee!! Basically, my cousins have a cd out and they traveled across the US to promote it. I got it approved through the Stake, then was told things would be taken care of by the stake committee. Long story short... things fell through the cracks and I picked up the slack. I literally drove to twelve church buildings to hand out thousands of flyers to bishops offices. Then I sent out emails to everyone I knew in Colorado, I probably reached a few hundred to just spread the word via email! I was happy to have 50 people show (20 were expected from my family in Colorado alone!), but the night came and we had nearly 200 people! I was so excited! You should check out my cousins' website and cd! They are a family of 11 and they all sing! They write all of their own original music! Here's their website link:

www.e11evenfamily.com

The other projects I was working on all led up to the end of July. My brother, Todd, was married in the Timpanogos temple! As my wedding gift to them, I put together their wedding slide show. Ann (my new sister-in-law) also asked me to do her make-up for the wedding. Both projects made me excited and nervous all at the same time...such a big day for them!! Here is the final product for their slide show:



The wedding was absolutely amazing! It was the second time that our entire family was in the temple together. The first time was at our wedding. Who knew I'd be able to attend my older brother's wedding? What a neat experience! Here are the pics I took of their special day:



Okay, then off to our family reunion we went! My entire family came to Colorado the very next week! We went to the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park. It was a blast!! I was assigned to be one of two reunion photographers. (slide show pending!) It was such fun! I also was in charge of a special project that I didn't get finished in time, so that will have to be revealed at Christmas time. I was also trying to get our family cookbook done in time to handout at the reunion, but all my efforts and late nights couldn't get it done. Yet another Christmas project!

There are so many things that have been going on, but I hate long blog messages! So I am ending it now and will add more posts later. Ahhh....

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Shaneen,

You are AMAZING! What a talented photographer, slide show maker, project creator you are! Your family is very lucky to have your talents so that they won't ever forget these special moments! Hang in there, and I hope things slow down soon!

Camber said...

Thanks for taking all of the pictures...I can't wait to see the slideshow! You're wonderful!