First of all, thanks for all the encouragement! You guys are great and I am definitely needing your support on this!
So today I ran 2.2 miles and everything was normal...out of breath, but getting faster. I can't complain! I've heard that once you run past 3 miles (no matter how good of a runner you are) your breathing begins to relax and normalize. That's comforting. Being a sprinter, I never ran past 3 miles. I've always had enough by then. That is so me though...do things as fast as you can! Usually I find the quickest and easiest way to do things. That is one of my strengths and weaknesses. In business it was great...I always found the most efficient, yet quickest way to get the job done. This meant quick promotions and more money. In weight loss and exercise...not so great at it!! It actually talks about that in my Patriarchal blessing (an inspired blessing that gives counsel and insight to my life) It actually says a few times to "go as fast as you can"! But it also talks about exercise as well. The Lord really knows me! I'm learning how to suppress the sprinter in me and go slow so that I can endure to the end of this race! Wish me luck! (I still need a little bit of that!)
So today I ran 2.2 miles and everything was normal...out of breath, but getting faster. I can't complain! I've heard that once you run past 3 miles (no matter how good of a runner you are) your breathing begins to relax and normalize. That's comforting. Being a sprinter, I never ran past 3 miles. I've always had enough by then. That is so me though...do things as fast as you can! Usually I find the quickest and easiest way to do things. That is one of my strengths and weaknesses. In business it was great...I always found the most efficient, yet quickest way to get the job done. This meant quick promotions and more money. In weight loss and exercise...not so great at it!! It actually talks about that in my Patriarchal blessing (an inspired blessing that gives counsel and insight to my life) It actually says a few times to "go as fast as you can"! But it also talks about exercise as well. The Lord really knows me! I'm learning how to suppress the sprinter in me and go slow so that I can endure to the end of this race! Wish me luck! (I still need a little bit of that!)









1 comment:
Yea! That mud run sounds like fun. :)
You have a positive attitude, so I'm sure you'll improve fast. You've inspired me to start running again! I'll have to find a 5k around here to keep my eye on a goal or else it's hard for me to focus. :)
GREAT JOB!
Post a Comment