Jan 16, 2008

5th day of Training - a little set back

The night after my last day of training, I noticed my legs and lower back were sore. And it wasn't muscle soreness...it felt deeper. When I would try and stretch out the muscle, it didn't hurt and didn't feel tight at all. But when I sat down on the edge of our couch and let my legs hang over the edge, it hurt. I'm not sure what I've done, but I think my bones and ligaments are simply trying to catch up with the muscles. So I was hoping I could get back to my routine today and take it down a few notches as far as my speed goes. I warmed up and then began to jog. It only took me a few seconds to realize my body just wasn't going to do it today. I have to realize I'm no spring chicken, but a mother hen whose had three kiddos! So instead I decided to do a preset workout on my treadmill. It felt really good to walk hills up to 3.5 mph and an 8% incline. I even added in some weights and worked out my arms along the way. I walked a total of 1.8 miles and still burned almost 250 calories. I was still sweating which was a good sign. So although I took it down a few notches today, I still feel good. Hopefully I'll be ready in a couple of days.

2 comments:

Dave and Loralee said...

You're doing GREAT! I'm so impressed! I've also been wanting to record all my stuff on my blog. My friend started her own workout/get healthy blog so she could do that without interfering with her family blog, so I might try that. Have you noticed it's helped with your motivation?
Keep up the good work!!

Shaneen said...

I started thinking about doing that! I didn't think it would take up this much space. I think I may have a side log where I jot down my progress instead of making full posts. Thanks for the idea! And yes, that is the only reason why I am posting my progress...motivation and accountability! It helps me keep going!