I can't tell you how excited I was this morning to have run 3 miles!!! I ran it in 33 minutes, not bad for someone who has never run 3 miles before!! At least not that I can remember! Anyway, with warm-up and cool-down, I walked/jogged/ran 3.5 miles in 43 minutes and burned 505 calories...that's just unheard of for me!! Okay, so I'm no marathon runner, but I am excited nonetheless!! And yes, I use to run a 7 minute mile, but I'm no longer a spring chicken and have to take what I can get. (quick fact: Shane just told me a man ran a record 3 minute mile...crazy, huh?) What was even more exciting is it felt great! I have never been able to say that about running! I think the key was for me to slow it down and keep a steady pace. Of course the last 10 minutes I kept getting faster and faster...I just knew I could make 3 miles...so I pushed myself! We'll see how I feel tomorrow!
Update on Shane: He just ran 3 miles in 27 minutes! Way to go, babe!
Update on Shane: He just ran 3 miles in 27 minutes! Way to go, babe!









4 comments:
nice job shaneen! Great accomplishment! I feel good by the end when I have been slow and steady as well. Then you can focus on form and breathing easier than just finishing the run.
I agree...I'm now interested to see just how far I can go and not worry about the time.
Why is it that guys are always faster than girls? After I ran my first race I was excited to finish under 30 and I called my brother who ran his first the same day and he finished under 25. I think its not fair! But you're right its best not to worry about the time. I did 3 5ks in the last year and had decided to train for a 1/2 marathon just before finding out I was pregnant. My running goals are on hold for now, although I'm still running but not as far and am certainly not training for any races right now! I am going to try to find one to train for in the fall/winter so I have motivation to work out after the baby is born.
Congrats, it is awesome when you finish that 3 miles for the first time.
Hooray!!! What an accomplishment. I have been doing the training, but got off track when we went to Utah and being sick, so I am back at it again. That is SO awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment