I can't believe it myself, but I just ran 6 miles this morning!!! Now keep in mind that I took it really slow. I knew if I just took it easy, I could do it. I ran it in 1:14:35...not great for a marathoner, but great for little old me!! I ran five 12-min. miles and one 10-min. mile. I realized that my legs (particularly my knees) need a longer recovery time than I've been giving them. So I am going to run farther in two days a week rather than shorter distances in 3-4 days a week. I can't tell you how dumbfounded I am that I ran a 10k already! Craziness!Mar 17, 2008
6 MILES!!!
I can't believe it myself, but I just ran 6 miles this morning!!! Now keep in mind that I took it really slow. I knew if I just took it easy, I could do it. I ran it in 1:14:35...not great for a marathoner, but great for little old me!! I ran five 12-min. miles and one 10-min. mile. I realized that my legs (particularly my knees) need a longer recovery time than I've been giving them. So I am going to run farther in two days a week rather than shorter distances in 3-4 days a week. I can't tell you how dumbfounded I am that I ran a 10k already! Craziness!
Posted by
Shaneen
at
1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That just gives me the push that maybe in a couple of weeks I will be right there with you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job Shaneen!
Shaneen--
That's awesome. Are you training for a certain race? I know some in the family are doing the mud run--are you?
Ann
I AM doing the mud run! I'm a little nervous...a little excited! But having family there will help!
GO SHANEEN!
Post a Comment